Monday: Angel’s Primavera Pasta Salad
1 Chicken Breast
Sweet Colored Peppers
Red Onion or Sweet Walla Walla Onion
Fresh Sweet Basil
Italian Salad Dressing
Noodle of choice (I recommend bow tie, spiral or mini penne)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook your pasta until soft.
- Split chicken breast in half and season with salt and pepper (and/or poultry seasoning) and rub with 1/4 cup Lemon juice. Saute or grill for approximately 5 min or until cooked throughout.
- Cut colored peppers and tomatoes in 1/4 inch pieces. Dice onions finely. Now roughly chop basil and add to boil with veggies.
- Zest one Lemon and the squeeze approximately 2 tbsp of juice from that lemon. Mix all of the veggies, lemon, lemon zest and olives together in a boil. Add cooked noodles to all of the veggies.
- Shred cooked chicken with two forks. Add to bowl with veggies and pasta.
- Add 1 cup of your favorite Italian Salad dressing and stir well.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Difficulty: Easy
1 Yellow Pepper (Safeway, $1.00 each)
1 Orange Pepper (Safeway, $1.00 each)
2 Roma Tomatoes (QFC, $1.00/lb)
1 Can Olives
1 Bottle Italian Dressing (Staple Item, should be in your Stockpile! If not buy it at Fred Meyer, Kraft Salad Dressing $1.17 w/coupon…not a great price)
1 Bunch Basil
1 Box Noodles of Choice (Albertsons, Ronzoni Free w/Twice the Value Coupons)
1 Chicken Breast (I recommend buying 1 Whole Fryer Foster Farms Chicken and either roasting it whole and cutting off portions as you need, Albertsons $0.99/lb…approx. $3.00 for enough chicken to last at least 2 full meals!!! Or QFC Free Range Whole Chicken for $1.69 each!!!)
Approximate cost for meal: $4.00 (depending on what is in your current stockpile and your current catalinas/coupons you have to use!)