Chicken Apple Arugula Feta Cheese Salad
- Olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced
- Baby arugula leaves (spinach or spring mix will work as well if you want a cheaper alternative)
- 1/4 cup candied pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese – broken up into little pieces
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
1 Heat stick-free frying pan to medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the shallot slices until translucent. Remove from pan. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken breast pieces, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through – 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on the chicken while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill.
2 When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, pecans/walnuts and feta cheese. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.