2 cups frozen corn (I am using corn I froze from this summer!)
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup Sweet Red Pepper
1 cup potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
5 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 pint 2% milk or Coconut milk (unflavored)
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp flour
Sour cream (optional)
Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Saute diced bacon over medium heat until just before crispy; remove bacon and place on a paper towel. Add onion, celery, carrots, fresh corn (if you are using frozen corn DO NOT add yet), red pepper, and garlic to the pan with the rendered bacon fat and saute until tender and onions are translucent. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile boil potatoes until soft. (poke with a fork)
- Add approximately 1/2 cup butter and 3 tbsp flour to the veggies to make a roux.
- Add cream slowly. Stirring continuously.
- Add potatoes, diced cooked bacon (reserve some bacon for the topping) If you are using frozen corn this is were you would add the corn.
- Let simmer. Stirring for approximately 30 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and of course more diced bacon!!!
Prep. Time: 20 min Cook Time: 45 min Difficulty: Easy-Medium