We are trying to eat down our freezer and pantry stockpile right now so I decided to see what I had to make for lunch and this is what I came up with…Sweet and Spicy Chili, Corn Bread and fresh salad!!!! YUMMY!!!
Just in case you are curious of my own personal recipe here it is…just for YOU!!!
Sweet and Spicy Chili Recipe
Prep. 5 min Cook Time: 45 min
- 1 lb ground beef (today I did ground beef only)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp jalapeno juice
- 1-2 cans kidney beans (we don’t really like beans so I only use 1 can)
- 2 cans Italian Tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or honey
- 1 tsp tabasco
- Optional toppings: Cheese, sour cream, green onion, corn bread crumble.
- Saute onions and garlic in a pan with olive oil. Add ground beef and turkey. Cook until browned.
- Add Italian tomatoes, tomato sauce, jalapenos, kidney beans, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar/honey, and tabasco. Let all ingredients simmer for about 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and corn bread crumble!!! Delicious!!!!