Ok so I am sitting here thinking about what to make for dinner…finally a thought came to me! (I know a rare occasion for me…lol) I have chicken breasts dethawed and lots of onions and colored peppers from Aldi’s (they are crazy cheap this week)!!! Perfect chicken fajitas
Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 2-3 Chicken breasts (depending on family size…we are a family of 5′ish so I will do 3 breasts)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 whole onion (I love lots of onion)
- 3/4 cups Soy Sauce
- 2 whole Limes
- 1 tbsp taco or fajita seasoning (if you don’t have any, just combine 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp chili powder)
- Salt and Pepper to taste (approx 1 tsp each)
- Flour Tortillas, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado (really whatever toppings you like on your fajitas)
- Take your chicken breasts and slice them length wise into thin strips. Salt and pepper chicken lightly. Meanwhile heat up your saute pan with a touch of olive oil.
- Once pan is hot add chicken to pan and saute chicken about 3/4 of the way done. Add onions and peppers to saute pan (slice onions and peppers about 1/2 inch thick, lengthwise). Saute for approximately 3-5 minutes, then add soy sauce, the squeeze the juice of both limes, and seasoning into pan.
- Let saute until all the flavors have meshed well and vegetables are slightly caramelized!
- Assemble your fajita to perfection!!!