Chicken, Artichoke and Bacon Pizza
3-4 slices of bacon, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 cup onion, chopped into thin strings
3/4 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1 cup parmigiana cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Pizza dough (made from scratch or pre-made)
- Pre-Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make pizza dough or lay out pre-made pizza dough.
- Cook diced bacon over medium heat until crispy. Then cook chicken and onions in the rendered bacon fat.
- Mix olive oil and minced garlic in a bowl and spread around entire pizza. Mix the parmigiana and mozzarella cheese in a bowl and cover the pizza with half of the mixture.
- Add cooked chicken, bacon and onions on top as well as the chopped artichokes.
- Cover with the remaining cheese mixture.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Shredded Chicken Enchiladas
3 cups cooked shredded chicken
Salt and pepper
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Mexican Spice Blend (or fajita/taco mix)
1 cup onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
2 cups sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
8 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves, chopped scallions, sour cream, olives
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil, once onions are transparent add cooked shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a sauce pan combine Cream of Chicken soup, sour cream, stewed tomatoes, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder and Mexican spices. Add 1/2 cup of sauce mixture to Chicken. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a glass casserole dish. Place 1 tortilla at a time in dish, pour equal amounts of chicken mixture in tortillas and roll closed. Repeat for each tortilla.
- Slather tortillas with remaining sauce mixture. Cover with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Difficulty: Easy
Angel’s Primavera Pasta Salad
1 Chicken Breast
Sweet Colored Peppers
Red Onion or Sweet Walla Walla Onion
Fresh Sweet Basil
Italian Salad Dressing
Noodle of choice (I recommend bow tie, spiral or mini penne)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook your pasta until soft.
- Split chicken breast in half and season with salt and pepper (and/or poultry seasoning) and rub with 1/4 cup Lemon juice. Saute or grill for approximately 5 min or until cooked throughout.
- Cut colored peppers and tomatoes in 1/4 inch pieces. Dice onions finely. Now roughly chop basil and add to boil with veggies.
- Zest one Lemon and the squeeze approximately 2 tbsp of juice from that lemon. Mix all of the veggies, lemon, lemon zest and olives together in a boil. Add cooked noodles to all of the veggies.
- Shred cooked chicken with two forks. Add to bowl with veggies and pasta.
- Add 1 cup of your favorite Italian Salad dressing and stir well.
- Top with Parmesan Cheese.
- Place in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 10 min Difficulty: Easy
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms, portabella tastes best! (great price at Costco or Safeway)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender and transparent. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Add flour to create a rue.
- Stir broth into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the cream, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Chicken Apple Arugula Feta Cheese Salad
- Olive oil
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tart green apple, thinly sliced
- Baby arugula leaves (spinach or spring mix will work as well if you want a cheaper alternative)
- 1/4 cup candied pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese – broken up into little pieces
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Heat stick-free frying pan to medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and lightly sauté the shallot slices until translucent. Remove from pan. Add another tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken breast pieces, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through – 5 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle some salt on the chicken while you are cooking it. Remove from pan and chill.
- When chicken has cooled, toss together in a serving bowl the shallots, chicken, sliced green apple, arugula, pecans/walnuts and feta cheese. Dress with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.