Lasagna is a classic dish. There are hundreds of recipes with hundred’s of different ingredients. However, I have been making my own recipe of lasagna for several years perfecting it all along the way! Finally I have a recipe that my family and friends have deemed the “World’s Best Lasagna”.
It is really such an easy recipe and process. However, even though the recipe and cooking process is very simple it does take a little bit of time from start to finish to get to the end result of absolute perfection! The most important thing to remember when making a lasagna is…have fun! There really is not that much to it…it’s so easy my 10 year old daughter is now learning this family recipe to cook herself!
World’s Best Lasagna Recipe
- 28 oz can of Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 14 oz can of Red Gold Diced Italian Tomatoes
- 8 oz can of Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Hamburger (I actually prefer to use 2 lbs of hamburger for a more meaty lasagna)
- 6 sheets of Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmigiana Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 3 Cloves Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 Yellow/Orange Colored Pepper (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onions until nearly transparent. Add garlic and ground beef. Cook until fully browned.
- Add all three cans of Red Gold Tomatoes, Balsamic Vinegar, and brown sugar. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix Mozzarella, Parmigiana, and Cottage Cheese together.
- Begin to layer your lasagna in a 8×11 casserole dish. First scoop 1 1/2 -2 cups meat sauce into the bottom (it will look thin). Add 3 lasagna noodles side by side, next scatter 1 1/2- 2 cups cheese mix, add 3 more lasagna noodles and finally the pour the remaining meat sauce and finish with the cheese on the top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let set for 10 minutes before cutting.