Red Gold and Big Green Egg® have partnered up to bring you simple and delicious Summer Grilling recipes. Upgrade your burgers by easily adding flavor, texture, moisture and nutrition by mixing a 14.5 oz can of Red Gold® Petite Diced Flavored Tomatoes into your ground meat mixture.
Make sure to try to share your recipes on Red Gold’s Facebook page or by using #RGParty on Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram!
So often we get stuck in a rut of grilling the same old burgers and hot dogs. Well don’t let that stop you from trying a little something new with a burst of delicious flavor. I decided to experiment with some recipes and I discovered this amazing little taste of heaven…the Grilled Turkey Caribbean Burger (Lettuce Wrap)!!! You can put this burger in a bread bun and enjoy it as well. However, I don’t do well with a lot of bread/gluten so we decided to try it as a lettuce wrap and it was amazing!
Please enjoy this recipe and feel free to comment on any modifications or suggestions you may have!
Grilled Turkey Caribbean Burger (Lettuce Wrap)
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 can Red Gold Cilantro and Lime Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg (mixed)
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped or minced
- Salt, Pepper
- Caribbean Jerk Seasoning (optional)
- Whole Romaine Lettuce
- Avocado (optional)
- Drain liquid out of your Red Gold Tomatoes Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime & Cilantro. (I put mine aside for a later meal)
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, 1/4 cup strained Red Gold Tomatoes, onion, garlic and panko bread crumbs. With your hands mix all ingredients together well.
- Form mixture into patties. Season with salt, pepper and Caribbean Jerk.
- Put on grill and cook until done (about 160 degrees internal temperature).
- Serve with slices of avocado and Pineapple Salsa.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1 can strained Red Cold Petite Cut Tomatoes with Cilantro and Lime (or remaining can from the recipe above)
- 1/2 cup grilled pineapple (diced)
- 1 tomatillo (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all of the above ingredients together. Make sure to cut everything about the same size. Let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine.