Who doesn’t just LOVE homemade Mac ‘n Cheese? Add the BACON and you hit the jackpot! I have created the most amazing recipe for homemade Bacon Loaded Mac ‘n Cheese. This recipe is easy to make, delicious and will soon become your new household staple!
- 16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni (I change up the noodles often)
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4-6 strips of bacon (cooked, cut and chopped)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in 3 cups cheddar cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce thickens. Pour macaroni into the sauce mixture and stir well.
- Cook bacon and roughly chop.
- Pour half of the macaroni mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle ½ cup cheddar cheese, 1.2 cup Parmesan cheese and half of the bacon pieces over macaroni mixture. Pour the remaining macaroni mixture and repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Serve.
Please come back and share your thoughts on this recipe.