Salted Caramel Fudge Brownies
- 1 Box of your favorite brownie mix (I like Ghirardelli)
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Soft Caramel Spread
- Sea Salt
You can mostly follow the direction on the boxed brownie mix you use. However I do make a few changes in order to make my brownies softer and more fudgey!!!
- First I use TWO eggs in my mix (most mixes only call for one)
- Only use about 1-2 TBSP of water (most call for about 1/4 cup)
- Keep the called vegetable oil amount the same (usually about 1/3 cup)
- Finally I cook for about 5-6 minutes LESS then the called cook time! Shake the tin that you are cooking your brownie in…when the middle portion no longer wiggles (like it does when it is a dough) take out your brownies and let them rest. (They will finish cooking while sitting in the tin)
Now to make it a Salted Caramel Fudge Brownie…
- Once you have prepared the brownie mix as mentioned above…pour your soft caramel spread in a zig zag pattern atop the brownie mix.
- Take a knife and run it in the opposite direction of the zig zag pattern to make a pretty design (obviously this is not required…just fun)!
- Sprinkle Sea Salt on top and place in the oven to cook!
- If desired (I like a little more salt on mine…to create a more defined sweet and salty taste) add a little more Sea Salt when you take the brownies out of the oven (before you cut into them)!
Finally…ENJOY! These are seriously delicious!!!