Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 8-10 slices bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 large Russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Sour cream, (optional)
- In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain and set aside. Drain all but about 2 tbsp of bacon grease from the pot. Cook the onions in the remaining bacon grease for about 5 minutes, until transparent.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes (you are making a rue). Whisk in milk, bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Slowly stir in to stock pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 the bacon and 1/2 the sliced green onions to pot. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with some shredded cheese, bacon, green onions and a dollop of sour cream on top. Enjoy YUMMY!!!
Prep. Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Difficulty: Easy